The Southern Baptist Convention’s annual meeting will be in Phoenix this summer with the Pastor’s Conference beginning Sunday night June 12th and the convention meeting wrapping up Wednesday June 14th. I’m greatly looking forward to seeing a sea of familiar faces and catching up with friends this June in PHX. To help everyone enjoy their time at the SBC, we’ve put together a little video with top favorites of ours here in the Valley of the Sun. If you are on the fence as to whether or not you are coming to PHX for the SBC, maybe this will give you the nudge. For those already planning on coming, hopefully these PHX Pro Tips will help you have a great time at the SBC! See you next month!
Top Eats Near the Convention Center
- Matt’s Big Breakfast
- Phoenix Public Market
- Pizzeria Bianco
- Arrogant Butcher
- Windsor (Church ice cream is next door)
- Joyride Tacos
- The Vig
Top Coffee Near the Convention Center
Top Non-Business Events @ SBC
- Send North America Luncheon
- IMB Dinner
- Baptist 21 Luncheon
- For The Church
- 9 Marks at 9
- 9 Marks & ERLC
- Lifeway Breakfast
- List of All Non-Business Events
Phoenix is an amazing place and we hope you’ll carve out some time on the front end or tail end of the SBC to rest and explore. It is a great place for families!
Top Recreation for Families
- The Grand Canyon (just about 4 hours away)
- Slide Rock & Sedona
- D-Backs MLB Game (in town June 6th-11th)
- Children’s Museum of Phoenix
- The Phoenix Zoo
- Camelback Mountain (get on it early to beat the heat & take plenty of water)
- Piestewa Peak Summit
- Pinnacle Peak
- Hole in the Rock (great to do with kids – very easy)
Top Shopping + Splash Pad Combo’s (for the wife & kids)
Many people simply aren’t aware that the resorts in PHX during the summer are much cheaper. These listed are a few of the wellknown “Staycation” types, but be sure to search GroupOn for some killer deals.
Top (family friendly) Resorts
Other Activities to Consider
- Drive out in the desert on Route 66 or the Apache Trail (the desert landscape is amazing)
- Explore Frank Lloyd Right’s winter home Taliesin West
- Visit the Musical Instrument Museum
- Peruse Old Town Scottsdale (Scottsdale was founded by Baptist Chaplain Winfield Scott)
- Hit up the Butterfly Wonderland or the Aquarium
- Eat at El Chorro for an epic AZ experience nestled between Camelback and Mummy Mountains.
We hope to see you guys in PHX!
What Phoenix favorites would you add?